Duct Rodder Differs from Rod Structure, Wheels and Frames for Multi-Applications
Duct rodder, also called conduit rodder, duct snake, is a fiberglass based rod material used for soft wire, strip and other materials conveying in the duct, conduit or tubes.
Structure of duct rodder
DR-05: Nylon wheel duct rodder.
DR-06: Rubber wheel duct rodder.
- Rod. The rod can be fiberglass rod and PP sheath or inserted with copper wire.
- Fiberglass inner core and PP sheath. This structure belongs to most of conduit rodder, which is also called conventional duct rodder. The rod of duct rodder is composed of two main part. All the material are made from state-of-the-art materials to supply high performance and durability. The core rod is made from fiberglass filaments. The filaments are impregnated with a liquefied resin. Then the fibers are drawn and pultruded into rods and then it is coated with a highly durable, scratch resistant polypropylene sheath.
- Inserted copper wire, fiberglass inner core and PP sheath. In the traceable duct rodder, the rod is composed of three parts, which the inner core is inserted with copper wire, which has excellent traceable performance.
DR-01: Conventional duct rodder sectional structure: fiberglass rod and PP sheath.
DR-02: Traceable duct rodder sectional structure: copper wire, fiberglass rod and PP sheath.
- Frame. The frame of duct rodder is made of galvanized reinforced steel pipe, which supplies higher durability and stability. The frame can be made into different types.
- Vertical handle. Vertical handle is commonly seen in portable duct rodder. Which has smaller diameter and lighter weight than wheeled conduit rodder. It is convenient for people to carry and take away.
- Oblique handle. The larger diameter or heavy weight wheeled duct rodder has oblique handle, which is convenient for pushing and pulling the duct rodder.
DR-03: Vertical handle of portable duct rodder.
DR-04: Oblique handle of wheeled duct rodder.
Most of the duct snakes in large diameter and heavy weight are designed with wheels for easy transport and operating. In some portable duct rodders, it is also designed with wheels.
- Nylon wheels. Low cost and economical.
- Rubber wheels. It has better abrasion resistance than nylon wheels.
Specifications of duct rodder
- Material: fiberglass inner core and PP coating.
- Rod diameter: 4.5 mm – 16 mm.
- Color: yellow, white, red, blue and other customized colors.
- Rod length: max. 600 m.
- Frame: galvanized or PVC coating.
- Wheel: nylon and rubber.
|Minimum Bending Radius
|Typical Max. Duct Diameter
|Max. Length of Push or Pull
Features of duct rodder
- Time and labor saving.
- High softness and not easy to breakage.
- Firm structure and long lasting.
- Corrosion, chemical and temperature resistance.
- Easy operating and needs no special skills.
DR-07: Duct rodder can be customized in different diameters and lengths to fit different applications.
Applications of duct rodder
- Optical cable laying.
- Communication cable laying.
- Pipeline dredge and cleaning.
Inquiry for Our Product
YuanBo Engineering Co., Ltd.
When you contact us, please provide your detail requirements. That will help us give you a valid quotation.