Fiberglass Duct Rodder for Cable Placing in Pipe, Conduit
Duct rodder, also called fiberglass duct rodder, is composed of three parts: internal copper/steel wire, fiberglass rod, and outer polyethylene coating. Each duct rodder comes with a sturdy steel frame with different sizes according to the diameter and length of the rod. Some frames are equipped with wheels, also called wheeled duct rodder, which makes it convenient to move at the job site. The fiberglass rod is the basic element of the duct rodder, large proportion of high quality glass fiber (80%) is added, which ensures its stability under shear stress. And polyester resin is embedded together to form a compact bound core.
FRP duct rodder is an ideal tool for underground jobs such as pulling cables and lines through conduits, tubes, pipes or ducts. For its high tensile strength, wear-resistant surface and elastic body, it is widely used in the fields of telecommunication, electric power, water conservancy, etc.
Four duct rodders are shown with different sizes and colors.
One wheeled duct rodder, two outboard wheels for easy moving.
Component parts of the duct rodder
Our diameter is accurate and the tolerance is less than 0.2 mm.
- Rubber wheel.
- Pulling rod.
- Hand-operated brake.
- Hydraulic compression copper head.
- Rod guide.
Note: Other accessories can be described in detail in Accessory page.
The common container transportation suitable package is plastic wrap and carton packing outside.
- Internal wire: copper or steel.
- Inner rod: fiberglass.
- Exterior coating: UV resistance polyethylene.
- Wheel: rubber, steel.
- Drawing head: copper.
- Frame: steel.
Frame finish: powder coated, zinc plated.
- Rod diameter: 4mm - 16mm.
- Length of fiberglass rod: 30m - 500m.
- Working temperature: -40°C to + 80°C (-40°F to 176°F).
- Minimum bend radius: 4" (That is for 4mm rod diameter, other rods with larger diameter have larger bend radius).
- Max pulling strength: 4.5T (For rod diameter 16mm, other rods with smaller diameter have less pulling strength).
- Frame size: 160mm × 450mm × 500mm, 170mm × 600mm × 750mm, etc. (maximum size: 550mm × 1500mm × 1600mm).
- Wheel: pneumatic/iron tyre or no wheel.
- Fiberglass rod color: yellow, blue, white, red, black.
- Package: plastic wrap and then into carton.
- Operation instruction: see the Technology page.
Note: we offer various sizes and colors for any specific requirement as customers' demand.
The copper wire inside the rod make it traceable and it is convenient for working in the under earth pipes.
We can print the meter mark on the rod and the website or others can also be printed on it.
- Light weight, high tensile strength.
- Polyethylene coating for good electric insulativity, smooth surface, resistance to acid and corrosion.
- Elastic body for easy passing through narrow pipes and bending conduits.
- Copper wire inside for tracing if needed.
- Good friction and heat resistance allow the rod to travel longer distance in the conduits and to be operated in harsh environment.
- Meter marks on the protective layer of the rod for measuring distance, printed by professional printing machine.
- Waterproof and anti-ultraviolet for durable use.
- Hand operated brake for controlling payout of the pulling rod. The rotating and stopping of the rod can be easily controlled by the brake.
- Some frames are double-barreled reinforcement design for a more sturdy structure.
- Small bending radius allows the rod itself passing through tight bends in the ducts.
- Accessory or repair kit is available attached to the frame for greater versatility and easier ducting.
Store in shady and cool places, it is prohibited in the sun exposure because long time exposure may result in fracture of the duct rodder.
Inquiry for Our Product
YuanBo Engineering Co., Ltd.
When you contact us, please provide your detail requirements. That will help us give you a valid quotation.